Headwaters at Origins’ multidisciplinary team includes highly-credentialed psychiatric and psychological staff members who provide comprehensive services to each patient at Origins.
Nestled inside of Origins’ campus, The Lawlis-Peavy PsychoNeuroPlasticity (PNP) Center’s methodology provides cognitive restructuring based on leading edge research on the brain’s capacity to restructure and renew itself. Headed by renowned psychologist, Dr. Frank Lawlis, Ph.D., A.B.P.P., the PNP Center’s multidisciplinary team of professionals collaborate to find solutions to the variety of challenges in a person’s neurological and psychological development.
Common neurological and psychological challenges present with addiction are:
- Attention Deficit Disorders (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Mood disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
- Anxiety disorders
- Depression disorders
- Other neurological and spectrum disorders
- Evidence-based Modalities
Headwaters’ psychological services programs are individualized and include the use of evidence-based therapies such as:
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Dual-focus Group Therapy
- EMDR Psychotherapy
- Cutting-Edge Interventions
The PNP Center has various interventions that assist in breaking down the many barriers that take away a patient’s ability to focus on recovery. These interventions include:
- Stress and anxiety management including biofeedback and breathing techniques
- Sleep program protocols to help patients learn to sleep naturally
- Neurotherapy with the BioAcoustical Utilization device (BAUD) for pain, depression, anxiety, smoking cessation and negative cognitions
- Self-esteem work including positive affirmations and assertiveness training
- Meditation programming including Transcendental Meditation and mindfulness training
- Sensory deprivation chamber experiences to improve introspective practice
Rigorous Psychological Testing
The PNP Center uses a broad, integrative approach to assessment and treatment planning. Our ongoing consulting and case-management services help find and secure effective treatment. Along with one-on-one clinical interviews with Origins’ on-staff clinical psychologists, our team leverages advanced psychological testing such as:
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2)
- Million Clinical Multiaxial Inventory (MMCI)
- PsychEval Personality Questionnaire (PEP-Q)
- Automated Neuropsychological Assessment Metrics (ANAM)
The PNP Center also offers a two-day assessment that is administered at the PNP Center in Lewisville. This unique assessment provides specialized testing such as Quantitative Electroencephalography (qEEG) brain mapping, heavy metal testing, or hormone testing.
Clinical, Medical, Spiritual
Our team is dedicated to the integration of clinical, medical, and spiritual interventions. Built from their experience working at Origins, Dr. Frank Lawlis and Laura Martinez have also authored a book entitled PsychoNeuroPlasticity Protocols for Addictions: A Clinical Companion for the Big Book. Designed for practitioners, this book unites these areas of expertise.
If you would like more information about Headwaters at Origins please call 844-439-2837.