Addiction is a disease that affects the entire family.
Guiding your loved one to treatment for substance use or co-occurring mental health disorders is step one. Getting the entire family on-board and plugged into the recovery process is where real change happens.
Each family has unique needs requiring tailored care.
At Headwaters, we understand that you and your loved one have pressures on your shoulders that other individuals in recovery may never experience. Your sphere of influence may be large, and maintaining confidentiality for the entire family is paramount during substance use treatment. The last thing anyone wants is unwarranted attention when you and your loved one are simply trying to heal.
Your family’s unique personality will drive the approach our team takes with recovery for every family member. For example, to maintain as much normality as possible, your loved one will have ongoing outside access to handle any family obligations so that you have the personal support from them that you need while treatment is in progress.
You deserve the best. We offer a host of ideas and solutions to fit your schedule.
Headwaters’ exclusive family programming includes:
- Weekly individual family sessions conducted either virtually or in-person
- Regular clinical contact with your patient’s primary therapist
- Frequent treatment updates from our clinical team
- Constant contact with your loved one throughout his or her treatment
- 24/7 support from our Headwaters Family Program therapists and coordinators
- Guidance on self-care techniques
We’ll talk through common things that family members often experience such as:
- Ineffective personal boundaries
- Communication that is not constructive
- Not making proper space for self-care
- Unhealthy hypervigilance
- Ongoing emotional turmoil
- Unhealthy behaviors like secrecy, overprotection and caretaking
- Financial hardships that affect the entire household
- Reckless behavior within the home
- Abuse, both physical and emotional
Discover what a healthy family can achieve together.
We’ll help you grow as a family that supports one another in making healthy choices. Headwaters’ quality treatment approach guides you and each member of your family in strategies for developing a plan that works for everyone. In this type of supportive environment, recovery – and so much more – is possible within an open, judgment-free atmosphere.
Let us help you establish a recovery plan for lifelong health.
Continuing care planning prepares patients for the next stage in their treatment. The participation by the entire family system directly affects and improves recovery outcomes. The Headwaters team with collaborate with you to develop an individualized plan that may include these and other components based on your situation:
- Marriage counseling
- Self-care techniques
- Family counseling
- Support groups
- Individual therapies
- Family case management
Contact Headwaters today.
We are ready to help your family begin the journey to recovery. Call us anytime, day or night, at 844-439-2837.